Salted Pecan Date Butter. Say it again. SALTED PECAN DATE BUTTER. Guess what, it tastes as magical as it sounds. It’s naturally buttery from the roasted pecans, subtly sweetened by dates and perfectly spiced with cinnamon and salt.
There are so many wonderful vessels for this dreamy pecan butter. Try it stirred into your porridge, slathered on a slice of crusty toast, with apple slices, or straight from a spoon. Either way, you will want to savour every bite.
One of my favourite snacks as a kid was “cinnamon toast”, which was a mixture of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon piled onto a freshly toasted piece of bread. Well this pecan butter is bringing back all those warm and fuzzy childhood memories. Minus all the butter and sugar.
A short and sweet post for you on this Wednesday. I hope you give this creamy dreamy pecan butter a try!
- 4 cups (1 litre) pecans
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted coconut oil
- 5 medjool dates (adjust to preferred sweetness)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Preheat oven to 300℉ (150℃).
- Spread pecans evenly on baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak dates in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Add pecans, coconut oil, dates, cinnamon and salt to food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Store in glass jar and refrigerate, up to 1 month.
Special Equipment: Food processor.
Dietary Considerations: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free