Hello! Welcome to Tutta la Vita! I am so happy that you are here.
Tutta la Vita means ‘whole life’ in Italian. *Full disclosure, although my Dad is Italian born and speaking, I speak essentially zero Italian*. HOWEVER I’ve fully adopted this phrase as my mantra because, for me, a whole and full life wouldn’t be possible without creating, sharing and enjoying beautiful meals with my loved ones and you guys! It nourishes my soul and fills me with a whole lot of happiness.
My love for food and eating began at a young age having grown up with two of the best cooks I know, my parents. Homemade meals made from mostly whole food ingredients were my norm. My parents’ passion for food, cooking and entertaining is contagious and definitely influences how I cook and enjoy food today. Somewhere in my high school years I developed an interest in nutrition and healthy eating habits. This led me to study food and nutrition at the University of Manitoba, where I obtained a bachelor’s and master’s degree in Human Nutritional Sciences and this lead to work in the area of research.
While I enjoyed this academic work my heart longed to be creating deliciousness in the kitchen and inspiring others to do the same. At the heart of this blog, I hope to inspire creativity, joy and confidence in your own kitchens. The recipes I share are a reflection of what I eat and enjoy. Mostly rich in plants and colours with indulgences sprinkled in along the way. Think vibrant salad bowls, comforting soups and curries as well as homemade pasta, pizza, pie and wine.
I hope Tutta la Vita serves as a place you can come to find simple and healthy weekday dinner ideas as well as recipes that will get you out of your “kitchen comfort zones”. And I hope Tutta la Vita is a source of inspiration for fuelling you in your quest for a happy, healthy & whole life.
If you have questions, are interested in working with me, or just want to chat food, I would love to hear from you!
Ciao for now,
Some more about me, myself and I.
- We have a mischievous & cuddly puppy Hudson, who keeps me laughing all day long
- You will find me cooking over a fire pit from time to time
- Yoga classes @yogapublic is a favourite way to zen out
- My dream is to have a gorgeous outdoor kitchen with a stunning wood-fired oven one day
- My wonderful hubby Cliff owns a boutique retail store called North Flag
- I’ve watched the entire series of Friends & Gilmore Girls more times than I’d like to admit
- If you’re ever visiting our hometown Winnipeg, go eat at some of my favourite places:
- Segovia for the best tapas and overall food experience
- Clementine for an amazing brunch (or boozy brunch)
- Close Co. for incredible snacks & cocktails
- Penny Loaf for all your sourdough & pastry needs
- Vera for unreal Neapolitan wood-fired pizza
- Máquè for truly delicious share-able dishes
- Verde Juice Bar for your smoothie & juice needs
- The Cheese Mongers for seriously wonderful cheese
- In the summer, Jardins St-Léon Gardens for delicious local veggies
- BMC Market for authentic tacos
- Circle Kitchen for delicious vegan eats